Gaskell Recreation Ground Management Committee Terms of Reference Dec 2019
The Constitution shall apply to all actions of the Committee.
The Committee shall be appointed on an annual basis at the Annual General Meeting of the Charity. Should there be any resignations of voting members in the interim period new members shall be appointed at the next meeting of the Charity in accordance with the membership specified in these Terms of Reference. At the first annual meeting of the Committee the first order of business shall be to elect a Chairman.
The Committee shall meet at times to be determined by the Committee.
Once approved the minutes of all meetings shall be presented to the next meeting of the Charity for adoption.
Members of the Committee will receive an agenda and supporting papers at least three clear days before meetings.
Notice of meetings shall be published.
The Committee shall act within its delegated powers as approved by the Charity.
- The day-to-day management of the Gaskell Recreation Ground (the ‘Ground’) as directed by the Charity.
- To ensure that the ground is protected, maintained, and available for the people of Much Wenlock in accordance with the wishes of Mary Ward as outlined in the Conveyance dated 20 January 1936.
- To negotiate and award contracts for maintenance of the Ground following the same procedure as set out in the Town Council’s Standing Orders and Financial Regulations.
- Control bookings and cash collection for use of the Ground.
- Manage and control key distribution of the Linden Gate.
- Act as adjudicator for disputes on issues in accordance with concise guidelines set out in adopted policies.
- To work within the estimates of the approved budget (income and expenditure).
- Present regular reports to the Town Council showing progress of the Committee’s actions against the approved budget.
- To make recommendations to the Charity.
- To seek ways to improve the Ground with an ultimate aim that it becomes financially independent so there is no charge on the council’s precept.
- To delegate areas of responsibility, not precluded by legislation, to the Secretary.