Plans and Procedures
Shropshire Council are responsible for ensuring that integrated plans for coping with emergencies and major incidents are coordinated, developed and tested by the relevant agencies including police, ambulance and fire and rescue.
When a major incident occurs that’s beyond the capacity of the emergency services to deal with unaided, our major incident response plans are put into action. These plans and procedures are designed to ensure that:
- preparation and planning has been undertaken prior to any major incident
- the emergency services have the necessary support during the incident
- the return to normality is carried out as quickly and efficiently as possible
- there’s a speedy response by all parties
- the necessary skills and resources are deployed
- there’s a resumption of normal services
This is achieved through close coordination between the Emergency Planning Unit and agencies in plan preparation, staff training and devising and running exercises designed to reinforce training and to validate agreed procedures.
Fort more information please contact: