An Oak tree was planted on 16th February in commemoration of the Queens Green Canopy.
On Saturday 25th March Much Wenlock Town Council, GB Olympians and the Wenlock Olympian Society joined forces to plant an oak in the Gaskell Field, Much Wenlock – the site of the Wenlock Olympian Games. These Games were started by Dr. William Penny Brookes in 1850 and are acknowledged to be the forerunner of the modern Olympics. The local Deputy Lieutenant, Claire Brentnall, officiated. The oak joins other commemorative trees, most notably the oak planted by Baron Pierre de Coubertin in 1890
There was also an official ribbon cutting for the new Gaskell ground gates