Due to the current Corona Virus Covid 19 pandemic and in line with Governmemt lockdown guidelines we have restrictions in place in the following areas.
GASKET FIELD AND PLAY AREA
You are advised to exercise and are welcome to exercise on the Gaskell field but we request you stick to the Government instructions when doing so.
- Only 2 people, from the same household
- Stay at a distance of at least 2 metres (6 feet) from anybody else at all times
- Keep dogs on a lead at all times, dogs do not understand distancing
- Wash your hands thoroughly once home
GASKET FIELD PLAY AREA
Due to the nature of how the virus spreads, access to the play area is not permitted, please do not allow your children to play on the equipment. There are notices on all play equipment to advise of said precautions.
Much Wenlock Town Council continues to advocate the Government Direction of “Stay At Home – Protect the NHS – Save Lives” and everybody should seriously follow this instruction as they go about their everyday lives.
However, we recognise that members of the public may still wish to tend graves in the cemetery and may visit the site as part of their daily exercise. At present, the Cemetery remains open to visitors, but this may change in the light of Government restrictions.
All visitors must take the following precautions when visiting the cemetery:
- Anybody who is self-isolating because a household member is ill with coronavirus should not be visiting the site.
- Only 2 people, from the same household, should visit a grave at any time
- Stay at a distance of at least 2 metres (6 feet) from anybody else in the cemetery at all times
- When maintaining graves, do not share any tools or equipment with other visitors to the cemetery
- Wash your hands thoroughly after visiting the cemetery
- Keep up to date with government advice and follow any further restrictions which may come into force
Queen Street toilets are currently shut due to Covid-19 outbreak, we however recognise the need to keep some facilities open to accommodate are hard working key workers. We therefore have the St Marys Street Carpark toilets available for key worker use as these are single use at one time and are better suited to the social distancing guidelines.
Thank you for your co-operation.