Car park closure

The Town Council has agreed that this car park will be closed to unauthorised vehicles for a period of 6 weeks commencing on Friday 10 November 2017.  This is to make provision for a mobile library and contractors to use the car park during the refurbishment of the library.  The car park will be enclosed by fencing until work is complete and the Town Council will not be responsible for unauthorised parking restricted by the enclosure.

Alternative parking can be found at Back Lane, St. Mary’s Lane, and New Road.

Celebration event


Revealing the early history of the Borough of Wenlock

A day of celebration was held at the Priory Hall, Much Wenlock on Saturday 9 September 2017 when the old minute books of the Borough of Wenlock were on display.  Thanks to grant funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund and other donations from community members the minutes dating from 1495 to 1810 have been repaired and conserved, transcribed and digitised so that we can learn from the early history of the Borough as it was then.  The Town Council is most grateful to all those who have kindly donated towards the conservation of these valuable books and to Professor Mary Beard who is the patron of the project.

Jonathan Edwards CBE receives civic gift

Photo courtesy of the Wenlock Olympian Society (March 2017)

The Mayor of Much Wenlock, Cllr. Herbert Harper presented the President of the Olympian Society with a civic gift at an event  arranged by the Society for Jonathan’s visit to attend the 131st Wenlock Olympian Games Live Arts Festival that took place at The Edge, William Brookes School over the two weekends: 11/12th and 18/19th March 2017.

Civic gift presented to former Town Councillor


The Mayor of Much Wenlock, Cllr. Herbert Harper presents a civic gift to former town councillor, Eric Humphries, at the Annual Town Meeting held on 9 March 2017.  Eric was a member of Much Wenlock Town Council for over 30 years and was Mayor four times in 1987, 1993, 1999, and 2007.  He is still an active member of the Shropshire Association of Local Councils.  Mrs. Humphries was presented with flowers from the Mayor.


Photo courtesy of Suzanne Boulos.